Spotify is one of the most popular music streaming services with an extensive library, a huge selection of playlists, and an advanced recommendation system. There are situations when you need to cancel a Spotify premium subscription. In this post, we’ll show you how to do this in a few clicks.
If the subscription was obtained as an offer by a different provider, you will need to contact this provider to cancel it.
Cancellation varies depending on subscription settings.
How to cancel Spotify Premium in application
In-app cancellation is not an option with Spotify. You will need to visit a web browser to complete this task.
- Go to Spotify on the account page
- In the upper right corner, click on “Profile”
- A short drop-down will appear, tap “Account”
- From this page, you can select “Change the plan” that appears in your current plan.
- Scroll down to the “Spotify Free” option. Click on “Cancel Premium”.
- Confirm your choice.
You will keep access to Spotify Premium until the payment period expires. Once the period is over, although you can enjoy the free version of Spotify, but the playlists and downloaded music will no longer remain.
Cancel Spotify Premium through iTunes
If you use iTunes to provide payments but not music, you will need to cancel it through iTunes instead of the Spotify account page.
- Open iTunes on your Mac.
- Select the store and select Account on the right.
- Sign in with your Apple ID if requested.
- Select Settings and Manage next to Subscriptions.
- Select Spotify and select Edit.
- Click on Unsubscribe.
- Confirm if necessary.
The same rules apply. Retain access to Spotify Premium until the subscription period ends.
As you can see, the process is really simple, both options work without problems. If you follow the instructions carefully, there should be no difficulties to cancel Spotify Premium.
Also read: How to have two accounts open on Facebook Messenger