Namecheap has been characterized as one of the best platforms to acquire domains due to its low prices. Although if you do not want to acquire the hosting you always have the possibility of transferring a web domain from Namecheap to another platform.
How to Transfer a Web Domain from One Namecheap Account to Another – Step by Step
It may seem like a complex process, but migrating a domain is a simple task once you learn how to do it. We will show you step by step how to do it, taking into account that you have already acquired the domain.
Before starting, verify that your contact information, such as your email, is up to date. Email is essential to complete the domain transfer.
- Step 1: Namecheap from Namecheap with your username and password
Open both the namecheap account to procced with your domain push.
- Step 2: Select the Domain
Locate the domain you want to transfer in the panel and click the Manage button
- Step 3: Click on sharing and transfer
The new page shows the domain configuration details, but what we are interested in is accessing Sharing & Transfer, where the domain transfer configuration is located.
- Step 4: Enter the new registrant email
Just fill in your account password for authorization and select Registrant Email in the modal window that appears.
Verify that the domain is not blocked
- Find the last option called Transfer out, which is the option to transfer a domain outside of Namecheap. Next to the Domain lock field, it should be OFF. If this is the case it stays that way.
- In case it is blocked, it will be shown with the message ON, click on the UNLOCK option. In this way, the domain should be unlocked.
Request authorization code
- On the same Sharing and transfer page, you will find the link to request the code. Click the AUTH CODE button.
- A new window opens where you must enter the reason for the transfer (Pricing, support, technical and other), and optionally you can add a comment with the request.
- Now press the Send Code button so that the code is sent to your email.
Once you have the code, you must place it on the new platform where the domain will be hosted to accept the transfer request. The domain transfer can take up to five business days.
Advantages of acquiring a domain on Namecheap
Without a doubt, acquiring or renewing a domain on Namecheap can be beneficial, particularly if you have little experience creating web pages. In addition to offering the alternative of paying with Bitcoin or Paypal. It has an integrated billing where you can save the balance for future purchases.
- Low prices. They offer the best prices on the market compared to other platforms. Many people choose to buy domains on Namecheap because their prices are good value for money.
- Intuitive platform. Almost everything you need is just a few clicks away from the platform. It is a matter of familiarizing yourself with the interface to manage your products.
- Efficient technical support. If you have a technical problem with any of your products and you contact support, you will have a response in a very short time. They are committed to helping you and will do everything in their power to fix the problem.
- Free SSL. When you acquire your domain on the Namecheap platform, you have the SSL certificate completely free for one year.
Despite the fact that Namecheap has an excellent technical support area, when being served you will have to have previous knowledge of English. The operators only speak this language, although they are still quite patient to attend to your request.
It is important that the platform you choose to buy your domains and the hosting are adapted to your needs. Namecheap may be the ideal platform you decide to also purchase the hosting service since it facilitates the creation of your page.