Adobe Photoshop is one of the software used by many people to edit photos, including when they want to change the background or background of an image. This process certainly takes quite a while considering that users need to download and install Photoshop on their devices.
Fortunately, the function-rich “ocean of the internet” makes it easy for its users by providing a number of sites that can easily and efficiently change the background of a photo or image without any application. Here are 7 of them.
PhotoScissors is the first site that can easily replace or delete photo backgrounds with just a few clicks.
- Open the PhotoScissors site at photoscissors.com
- Upload the desired photo (maximum size 10MB and maximum resolution 4.2Mpx)
- Choose either background or transparent mode
- There will be two windows showing before and after
- If so, click ‘Download’ to save the edited photo
2. Clipping Magic
With the help of ‘Auto-Clip AI’, Clipping Magic can help users to change the background of a photo automatically.
- Go to the Clipping Magic site at clippingmagic.com
- Upload a photo to start the editing process
- Clipping Magic will automatically trace the photo and give you a preview on the right side
- There is an edit option to change the transparent background to a solid color
- Download when finished
Next is Remove.bg, whose popularity in the matter of changing photo backgrounds is not in doubt.
- Visit the site at remove.bg
- Upload a photo or choose one of the sample photos provided (to try)
- The results will appear with the background automatically removed
- Users can change the background by clicking the ‘Edit’ button.
- When finished, just download it in ‘Preview’ or HD resolution
4. Adobe Photoshop Express Online
Adobe may charge a price for applications like Photoshop, but through Photoshop Express Online, they provide a free background replacement tool
- Go to the site at photoshop.adobe.com/cutout
- Upload a photo or select one of the 3 sample photos
- Wait and the background will become transparent automatically
- There is an option to change the background to blur or with a solid color
- If so, download it in JPG or PNG format
AirMore is actually a mobile device management tool that also provides additional ‘tools’ such as a photo background replacement.
- Go to the site at airmore.com/remove-background-online
- Upload a photo by selecting one of the 3 options based on the phototype
- Wait a moment and the background will automatically disappear
- Select the Edit option to replace the background with a solid color or another photo/image
- Click Download when done
Finally, Pixlr, unfortunately, can only remove the background to be transparent instead of replacing it with another photo or solid color.
- Go to the site pixlr.com/remove-background/
- Click Open Image to upload then select one of the 3 options in the Pre-resize Image
- Wait a moment and the photo background will automatically become transparent
- If you have clicked the Download button to download the results
Those were the reviews as well as recommendations for several sites that provide features to change photo backgrounds online. Have any other site suggestions? Just write in the comments below. May be useful!
7. Edit Photos For Free
As the name implies, Edit Photos For Free allows users to edit photos for free, including changing the photo background.
- Open the Edit Photos For Free site at editphotosforfree.com
- Select Remove Background From Image in the Photo Apps section
- Upload a photo or choose from the sample photos provided
- There is an Edit option to change the background to a solid color
- Click Download when finished editing
Here are some more online tools which can help to remove and change background color online such as:
Canva is a graphic design platform used to design social media graphics, presentations, posters, and more. Users are able to choose from a variety of templates to create their content. Canva can be used for free but offers paid options with Canva Pro, and Canva for Enterprise.
- Choose a picture from your image library or upload one.
- Select the Effects button from the toolbar’s upper left-hand corner.
- Then, select ‘Background Remover.’
- With a flick of a switch, the background will vanish.
- Now you can simply drag your new image into the perfect spot.
With PicsArt, it is possible to take and edit pictures and videos, draw layers, and share images on PicsArt and other social networks. Based in Yerevan, Armenia, the platform presents a custom suite of online photo and video editing applications, with a social creative community.
- Open Image Inside Picsart.
- The image will appear inside the Editor after you click the Drawing tab.
- Now the Image will be on the Drawing Window. Select the Eraser Tool and Change Its Settings.
- Select the Image Layer in the Layer Editor and start erasing the Background.
- This image can be saved to your device.
Creating visual content should be simple, straightforward, and lightweight. The stencil was developed to help you create stunning images faster than ever before. No matter how much experience you have with imagery editing, you will feel right at home with Stencil.
You can make your background transparent by clicking anywhere on the background and selecting the “Make Background Transparent” option from the toolbar on the right that appears.